Tux Guitar

Open Discussion

Subject Sharp/Flat mode

Jason

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I cannot find the answer.

I cannot seem to wrap my head around Sharp/Flat mode. I have a note (say, A#) that I would like to show up as a flat (Bb). When I click the Sharp/Flat edit mode option, nothing changes and I cannot figure out how to do this.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Julian

Well no this feature desn't exists.
the plan of tuxguitar is to be a tablature editor and it's the development priority.
other things such as score are just simple features, so there are a lot of missing things if you look for a powerfull score notation editor.

Michael

And I thought that I had found the one that did the job. Both Tab & score in one go!!! Hmmm, quess not.
But a very powerful tab editor indeed. Hats off for that one!

Anonymous

If I go into the Chord Editor and change the sharp to a flat, why not update the score at that time?

Anonymous

It's a pitty...
Supporting flat is a good think, a part from all this is basic music notation...

regards

SuperTalentedGuitarGod

The silliest thing I ever heard: "other things such as score are just simple features"

The score is the most important thing to me and a lot of other people who can read music...the tabulature is just a slight feature I never use.

tuxguitar needs to support full music notation.

Please please add at least the ability to add sharp/flat in any key signature.

Andre

"please add at least the ability to add sharp/flat in any key signature."
Agreed, it is needed.

Johnny

Say What? So you're telling me that the Sharp/Flat button is purely decorative, and that it's supposed to do nothing when pressed? I'm sorry but I don't believe that. Excuse me if I'm out of line here, but is Julian one of the developers, or just some guy who can't speak English or afford a spell check? Why should I believe you know what you're talking about?