Tux Guitar

Open Discussion

Subject WIP - Drum Helper

Ben

Hey, I'm a beginning Java programmer, but with NetBeans, this shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Until drum scores are supported, I'm thinking of creating a tool to help you tab drums much more quickly. It'll just be a simple window with buttons the user can click. Each button will be a picture of a drum - a closed hi-hat, open hi-hat, bass drum, toms, etc. When the user clicks a button, it'll automatically enter that drum's number on the tab for you. I could also do a different tab in the same window with drum score pictures instead of photos, and another with other, less common drums.

I'm going to read the documentation, but what do you guys think about this, would it work, what methods will I need to know? Should it be a tool, a plug-in, or something else? Please reply and help me out with this, I'm thinking it could be very cool.

Ben

I'm having real trouble importing the project into netbeans - anyone have experience?

Ben

Imported the project lol. Just made a stupid mistake. I'll hunt around, but does anyone know the method I'd use to insert a note somewhere? All the documentation is in spanish <_<

Ben

I'm actually using Robot to do this - I should be done in an hour or so ;)

Ben

I'm about done. I can add more drums, but this is everything there is on most drum sets. I didn't put in photos - they just made the window really big.

How it works: the window is non-focusable and always on top, so just start TuxGuitar and make a percussion track like normal. Then select anywhere on the tablature, and click one of the buttons. That drum will be entered, and you should be able to hear its sound.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmnwmgj2l4c/DrumHelper.jar

My sources are here, in case you wanted them: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bnj4nnwx5yk/DrumHelperFrame.java

Screenshot: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/kwk-jaga/drumHelper/drumhelper.png

I don't have Guitar Pro or PowerTab, but it will probably work on those too.

Enjoy!

Julian

ohh.. i see you made some posts :) well i replied you the mail you sent me..

Anonymous

thx drumhelper is cool :)

TG-user

"...but what do you guys think about this..."

I am used to type numbers. Easy, fast, and flexible method... I also set "4 strings" for percussion track.

Anonymous

this pluginsounds nice but how can i get it work?

i downloaded the .jar file and dropped it into "TuxGuitarshareplugins" Folder.

now i run tuxguitar and look at the list of plugnins and ... there is no drum helper and so i can't enavle it.

how can i get that ugly thing work?

Anonymous

Very useful, thank you!

sdf

The Ray Ban Sunglasses have put the the style for 2012 summer on the market , and they are hot sale now on the store,the rayban fans are really so happy.But we don't know when the Louis Vuitton Sunglasses for 2012 summer will come,the louis vuitton fans are very anxious.