Tux Guitar

Open Discussion

Subject gp* file format documentation

im-souf

Hi everyone, i'm a new comer in the comunity.

I'm actually searching for the documentation about the gp* file format and xmlmusic too.

If you could link me to it i would be happy !

Thanks for anyone answer !

Anonymous

Hi im-souf,

I'm probably not the best person to respond on this as I don't know much about file formats.

You could approach Guitar Pro about their file formats (http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php) but they might be proprietary. I did find this this description of GP4 file formats: http://dguitar.sourceforge.net/GP4format.html

I couldn't find anything for xmlmusic but there is quite a lot on musicxml and if this is what you are looking for you could start with Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MusicXML

b4dc0d3r

There are some forum posts about it, though they are not thorough. The source code is the best place to look. It's not documentation exactly, but it will tell you what you want to know.

Short version - it is packed in a bitstream, and unpacks to XML. The XML is almost 100% readable by a person so you should need very little knowledge other than the unpacking.

raynebc

I'm also trying to figure out the format so that I can write a formal file description. The DGuitar format description and KGuitar source code are helping me quite a bit, but they make it seem like there is only one note defined per beat. Is that correct? I'm trying to examine the Tuxguitar source code as well, but I'm not making much progress yet.

raynebc

I didn't go as far as scrutinizing Tuxguitar's source code, but after several hours of working with Guitar Pro 5.2 and a hex editor, I've put together a formal and mostly complete file specification for the Guitar Pro 5.1 format. I've also written a command line GP file parser to help with debugging:
http://code.google.com/p/editor-on-fire/source/browse/trunk/Guitar%20Pro%205.10%20format.txt
http://code.google.com/p/editor-on-fire/source/browse/trunk/src/gp_import.c
http://code.google.com/p/editor-on-fire/source/browse/trunk/src/gp_import.h

If you have any questions/feedback or find any mistakes in my file spec document, please let me know.

Makaila

I'm so glad I found my sluotoin online.

nmxvsu

3aHsJt ppieoporsdeo

ESSMassacre

prednisone tablets 8-DDD propecia >:-((( nasonex nexium propecia yasmin :[[[

fedjenlion

You know, it actually seems like we agree about everything!The only thing which maybe didn’t come through completely in my blog post is that I need the fun in the evenings to be a counter-weight to my job where I guess I spend all the professionalism and discipline I have. I remember when I was still studying at the university, then all my open-source programs had quite good documentation…So maybe I should quit my job? But hey, I’m doing exactly that and moving to Sweden. So let’s see if my theory works and that I’ll work more on Ismo’s documentation during the time until I get myself another job.

car insurance quotes

AmvruleS

Hi, Joakim — Yes, life is not all work all the time; everyone needs down-time to let the brain rest and have fun. Good luck on your job hunt. Maybe I should move to Sweden too; all the girls look gorgeous. =)

pennsylvania health insurance

PromBar

auto insurance quotes :-D small business insurance :-D first health insurance 668133

OceanBluiys

car insurance in florida =-P term life insurance quote =-(

filmsforfun

affordable auto insurance >:OO free car insurance quotes >:DD individual health insurance plans 0966

Rambo

I like this web blog very much, Its a rnialttg nice billet to read and find information. Famous remarks are very seldom quoted correctly. by Simeon Strunsky.

stewieX

Bravo les filles pour cette energie Corentin est un copain de mon fils Thomas, ce garcon a une peche d'enfer Je vous dis felicitations A bientotBisous

tramadol online car insurance

zydplomf

t7QcEO wjdxjdczmthy

cmoisandico

Bravo les filles pour cette energie Corentin est un copain de mon fils Thomas, ce garcon a une peche d'enfer Je vous dis felicitations A bientotBisous

low car insurance cheap auto insurance

Banjo

Hazel thanks for your note. (LOVE The Sartorialist!!). All black is often the default colour because it's the easier to unify (imagine an ensemble full of slightly different shades of red), it's easy on the eyes, and the audience tends to focus more on the music than if the ensemble were wearing different colours. The problem with saying go for it, wear any colour is what one person considers stylish another will consider completely inappropriate. There there's the issue of colour clashing. And in classical music, there are known stereotypes about what kind of dress is associated with certain types of music. Opera performers (and audiences) tend to go all out with style and flamboyance; Baroque performers (and audiences) tend not to consider fashion a big deal and are very low-key with their apparel. Ultimately, no, I don't think ensembles should be able to wear any colour; then it looks like a rehearsal.

cheap auto insurance quotes car insurance rates

Allie

Thanks Heather! I'm obsessed with big, chunky knits. Hopefully one of these days my knitting skills will improve so I can make one myself, but until then I have an incredibly talented grandma to thank. xo

new york car insurance ultram

Margery

Paki, aunque con retraso, te comunico que todos los que lo solicist teis a trav s de los coemntarios est is admitidos/as

tramadol health insurance plans

sdf

Many website are selling the Discount Gucci Handbags at a attractive price,who claim they are real gucci items from gucci outlet . But all of them are always the replica of gucci ,because there is not a Gucci Outlet at all authorized by gucci company.